cinder manage command it’s only for independent rbd volumes. However, manage an already-managed volumes is allow by the api and there’re not exception raised.
When you try to manage an already-managed volume, you received an unhandled error: ‘UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘rbd_image’ referenced before assignment’
How to reproduce:
1)Create a volume:
‘cinder create 1 –name vol1’
2) try to manage the volume (you can check the host with ‘cinder show <vol1’s ID>’):
cinder manage <vol1’s host> <vol1’s ID>
3) On the c-vol you can appreciate the unhandled error.
When this happens the RBD driver should handle the error.
The RBD driver should catch the exception and show a custom message notifying the user.
Coding the unit test is still a challenge for me. Thanks to my mentor I learned about them and we added one to patch.
After coded it, It’s time to run the unit test in devstack:
- Use an environment. One way to do it:
vagrant/cinder$ ./run_tests.sh -V
-Vwill create a virtual env for you
- Active the env:
vagrant/cinder$ source env/bin/activate
- Check it, this should list all of the rbd tests, in that list should be our new one:
vagrant/cinder$ testr list-tests | grep RBDTestCase
- Let’s run just that one test:
vagrant/cinder$ testr run cinder.tests.unit.volume.drivers.test_rbd.RBDTestCase.test_manage_existing_with_invalid_rbd_image